Want to make the same golden snowflakes featured in our One Big Sale? Here’s how! You can make them large or small, and really out of any type of gift wrap—gold, red, blue, silver, glittery—whatever you like!
what you need
- Gift wrap
- Ruler (metal is best)
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Hole punch
- Clear tape
- Roll out the gift wrap a couple of feet. On the back side of the paper, measure two strips the desired size of your snowflake:
- 5-inch wide strips for a small snowflake
- 7-inch wide strips for a medium snowflake
- 9-inch wide strips for a large snowflake
- Trim each of the two strips using the ruler and craft knife.
- Fan fold each of the strips with 1-inch folds. You can use the marks on your cutting mat to guide your folds.
- Keeping each piece folded, cut a triangle-shaped angle on one side of the piece.
- Use the ruler to cut slanted slits into each piece.
- Unfold each piece slightly and tape the two pieces together in the center.
- Gather 3 folds at a time and punch a whole on the non-pointy end of each piece. Run twine through the holes and tie, leaving enough space to fan the piece out.
- Fan the whole piece out into a circular snowflake formation and tape the edges together to hold.
- Punch a hole into one point of the snowflake and feed twine through the hole to hang.
That’s it! Hang your snowflakes from your Christmas tree, ceiling or anywhere you want to share some magical holiday joy.