Continuing the Countdown to Christmas, our nutcracker Pierre brings you ideas on how to up your gift giving game. Why use wrapping paper when you can present your gift wrapped in another gift?! It’s two (or more) gifts in one, and who wouldn’t love getting that?
for your favorite party hostess
Heading to a holiday gathering? Present your hostess with her favorite bottle of wine wrapped in a pretty (and practical) infinity scarf.
- Place the bottle in the center of the scarf. Wrap and twist the scarf around the bottle until secure.
- Tie a ribbon and tag around the top.
for the woman who wants to shine
- Lay sweater flat.
- Stack the journal and frame in the center of the sweater.
- Fold the bottom of the sweater up over the journal and frame.
- Tie the sweater arms around the journal and frame.
- Tie in a bow or wrap with a ribbon to hold it all together, if necessary.
for the one who deserves to be pampered
There’s always that friend or co-worker (or mom) who is constantly working hard and always goes out of her way to help others. Show her how much she lights up your day by wrapping tiny battery-operated twinkle lights around a bath caddy.
- This probably goes without saying, but be sure to put working batteries in the twinkle light battery packs.
- Wrap the lights around and through the bath caddy, tucking the battery pack inside the caddy. Insert pretty tissue paper to hide the battery pack.
- Finish with a cute gift tag. Turn on the lights when you’re ready to give!
for the one who loves a surprise
Sure, she’d love to get a pair of cozy slippers and sleep mask from you, but she’d REALLY love to get her favorite fragrance. Why not surprise her with both? Tuck the fragrance bottle into one of the slippers so it’s hidden. Then watch her expression when she realizes she’s not just getting slippers!
- Remove the fragrance from its box and detach the slippers from the mask.
- Tuck the fragrance bottle into the toes of one of the slippers. Then insert one of the slippers toes into the other slipper to conceal bottle.
- Wrap up the slippers with the sleep mask.
- Tie a ribbon around the slippers to secure and add a gift tag.
Now you’re ready to wrap up your gift giving—literally!