All that glitters isn’t necessarily gold. Sometimes it’s rose gold makeup! Eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushes, nail polishes and more are everyone’s favorite new way to shine.
Rose gold is the perfect combination of warm and cool and looks great on all skin tones, year-round. It can help make your skin radiant for summer and add warmth for fall. There really is no wrong way to wear it!
1) the eyes have it
Your eyes are where rose gold can make the most impact. Play around and experiment with different looks.
What you’ll need:
- Neutral light base eyeshadow (like this Clinique Lid Pop in Vanilla)
- Gold shimmery eyeshadow (try Pur Eye Polish Base in Cashmere)
- Light pink shimmery eyeshadow (Cheeky Pink by Estée Lauder would do the trick)
- Brown eyeshadow (this NYX Professional Makeup natural palette has the perfect shade)
- Champagne eyeshadow (optional) (use this powder stick by Estée Lauder)
- Apply the neutral base color all over eyelids and crease, close to the brow.
- Apply gold shimmery eyeshadow just to the lid.
- Layer on the light pink shimmery eyeshadow over the gold shadow.
- Apply brown eyeshadow in the crease and blend with the lid colors.
- If you want to make your eyeshadow more vibrant, you can add a layer of champagne gold to your lids.
2) give some lip
Whether you want to continue the rose gold look from your eyes or just want a touch of shimmer on your lips, there are a lot of options for achieving your perfect pucker.
More and more makeup lines are adding rose gold shades to their lines in both solid and liquid lipsticks. Here are some of our favorites:
- Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Lip Glow in Sunblush
- NYX Professional Makeup Cosmic Metals Lip Cream in Speed of Light
- Iman Luxury Lip Shimmer in Muse
3) nailed it
Still on the fence about going for the rose gold? The easiest way to start adding it to your beauty arsenal is to paint your nails with it! Try a subtle rose gold nail polish like this one from Essie.
There’s no way to go wrong with rose gold makeup, you can also pair it with just about any outfit. Add some accessories like this season’s super popular metallic backpacks, to really shine. This summer, don’t be afraid to go for the (rose) gold!